- Environmental impact of coal burning9 December, 2013
Three new certified reference materials to improve the quality of coal analysis have been developed by JRC IRMM for use in laboratory quality control and method validation.
- First CRM for GMO rapeseed powder mixtures 6 December, 2013
JRC-IRMM releases the first rapeseed powder material certified for a GMO mass fraction world-wide. Provided that the 73496 GMO rapeseed event will be authorised for the European market, this certified reference material will help GMO testing laboratories to implement the European labelling threshold, and enabling consumers to choose their preferred food. The material can be used for calibration and quality control without the need for a grinding or mixing step.
- Two new certified milk powder reference materials31 October, 2013
The JRC releases two new certified milk powder reference materials making the many measurements related to the dairy sector trustworthy and thereby ensuring safety of food products on the market.
- New certified reference material supporting human biomonitoring5 August, 2013
JRC-IRMM has released ERM-DB001, a new human hair material certified for the mass fraction of the total content of As, Cd, Cu, Fe, Hg, Pb, Se and Zn at the mg/kg range.
- New CRM to support heavy metals wastewater monitoring1 August, 2013
JRC-IRMM has released ERM-CA713, a new wastewater certified reference material, developed in support of the Water Framework Directive (WFD, 2000/60/EC).
Latest update 14 July, 2010